Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Matrix solved?

I'm pretty sure I've got a handle on the workings of the PolitiFact Matrix.

FaceBook, the home base of the PolitiFact Matrix, has added spam filters to organization/business pages.  By appearances, repetition of already-posted material may trigger the spam filter.  I have yet to see a post dumped from the general public view where it did not feature a quotation from an earlier post.  Or at least I don't remember any.

Does this get PolitiFact off the hook for the accusation of or the appearance of censorship?

Not entirely.  Most of what I've read suggests that spam posts do not appear at all.  Yet my posts appear to my FaceBook friends whether or not they appear via the general public view at PolitiFact's FaceBook page.

In addition, spam posts go to a spam folder of sorts for the FaceBook page administrator to consider for publication.  I have yet to confirm the existence of a Matrixed post that was later made visible by the administrator.

For now, I'll simply rewrite posts with decreased amounts of quoted material to the point where they appear (at least initially) to all.

And we'll see what happens.  Maybe I've already posted the last of the blue pill/red pill images.

No comments:

Post a Comment